Thanks for stopping by.
The Ride Guide blog focuses on you the mountain biker with a strong preference geared towards the trail/all mountain rider.
My purpose for this blog is to seek out inspiring places to ride, providing valuable information to trail riders and present it in a format that is easy to consume – like a well placed, guarana spiked energy gel ….or a cold beer.
Why I am interested in Mountain Biking:
Since 1992, when I was introduced to mountain biking, I became engrossed in the sport and have pursued this passion for riding over the years. I also have a strong interest in great singletrack, trail access for riders and mountain bike destinations.
In essence, the writing on this blog will focus on travel, destinations and the singltrack experience with the key theme of Mountain biking, and in particular the trail biker/all mountain rider.
– Would consider yourself a mountain biker
– Love discovering new trails, especially singletrack
– Read & visit sites such as Bike, Singletrack, Enduro, Spoke, MBR, Bike Radar
– Ridden or considering riding in endurance, stage races or mtb holidays
– Likely to own a trail bike (Dual Suspension, 4-5” travel)
I am a husband, father of two, full time employee juggling my passion for mountain bike riding and travel with my family, study and work commitments. This blog provides me with an outlet to pursue my passion online and create the type of trail guides that I have been looking for.
You can contact me via rideguideblog[at]gmail[dot]com